Fluoride has been around for years and what most people grew up with as a part of your daily oral routine. Fluoride is toxic and many have turned to the safe and science proven non-toxic alternative, Nano-Hydroxyapatite. It's also biocompatible, so its a great option for people wanting a natural oral care routine.
What is it?
Hydroxyapatite is a material that is found naturally in your bones, teeth and saliva. It remineralizes enamel by replacing minerals such as calcium and phosphate, that are lost from acid produced by bacteria. The nano sized hydroxyapatite bonds to the enamel and fills tubules that also helps in teeth sensitivity. It's been used for years by NASA and also they were the first to medically apply NHAP in 1970 to repair and remineralize astronauts’ teeth. NHAP is also resistant to acid, so it's great for restoring demineralized enamel making surfaces smoother for brighter, more opaque teeth and less teeth sensitivity.
Why is it better than fluoride?
It's been shown that nano-hydroxyapatite is comparable to fluoride in remineralizing teeth. But they do it in different ways. Fluoride forms a protective material around teeth called fluorapatite binding to calcium and phosphate ions found in saliva. Nano-hydroxyapatite is a crystalline calcium phosphate that directly bonds to tooth surfaces and replaces lost minerals hardening your enamel better then fluoride. Basically fluoride remineralizes with a chemical reaction while NHAP does it naturally and is not toxic like fluoride. There have been many studies that show hydroxyapatite aids in remineralization of small initial decay and has greater efficacy than fluoride.
Strengthens the enamel to better protect teeth from plaque
Reduced Tooth Sensitivity by filling in missing enamel
- Fights soft tissue infections naturally
Remineralizes and repairs teeth
Is Nano-Hydroxyapatite safe?
It's a naturally occurring organic material within our bodies means it is biocompatible and safer than most other dental products on the market. Since it's non-toxic and biocompatible it can be digested if a child swallows some, making it safe over other dental products such as fluoride that is toxic for adults and children.